Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"The name of the song is 'This Lullaby'"


Title of this post is the first line of the book I'm reading right now...


Okay, what's up with "More to Love"? I have been indulging in some really bad reality tv this summer so thought i'd give it a try. OMG, the women can't seem to talk about anything other than their insecurities about their weight - I know,I know, this is all edited so maybe they DO talk about other things and it's simply edited out but whoa, get over it already ladies. Speaking of "ladies" it really bothers me that they call each other girls. Luke (more about him in a moment) talks of finding the perfect girl. That's creepy, dude. Girls are under 18. Also, I can't believe that some of the women contestants are a mere 22 and think they're ready to settle down - my attitude is if you're 22, have never been on a date before and are a nanny or work in retail - hmm...maybe you should get some more life experience before settling down with a guy you meet on tv. There are "girls" on the show who are "falling for" Luke already! Really?


Don't even get me started on the non-stop crying.


Okay, Luke. My husband calls him Bland or Blank. The guy is so boring. He doesn't seem to have any opinions or preferences or variety of expression. He says practically the same thing to every single contestant. AND then last night when one of them was being mean about the older ladies he voted the older ladies off and kept the nasty back-stabber. Trust me older women, you could do so much better than Blank.


"What kind of food do you like Luke?" "Oh, I like all types"...that is his outlook on life. It's great that he likes women who are voluptuous and curvy but just because the women are on the show doesn't mean that ultimately when they get to spend more than 5 minutes with him that they'll actually enjoy his company.


Off topic: Bernie (Burny) was working in the kitchen at the Spotted Dick today. The flat Diet Coke has been a problem for months but with this the experience is no longer enjoyable. Our time is done. There are better lunch spots.

No comments: