Monday, January 7, 2013

Favourite Adult Books Read in 2012

Okay, as promised here is my top 10 list of books written for adults in 2012. I find the "Best Books of 2012" lists published in magazines, newspapers and online very frustrating when they only include adult books (if they actually read some YA or Middle Grade and decided they weren't good enough that would be one thing but you know they only mean books for adults)....So I make two lists - that lets me pick more books!

Not in order. Unlike with my YA choices I'm taking the easy route and am not adding descriptions.

1. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
2. The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan
3. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
4. Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
5. At Home by Bill Bryson
6. How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
7. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
9. Y by Marjorie Celona
10. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton

It's interesting to look at my list and see 7/10 are female authors. 2/10 are non-fiction. I definitely read women's book-club-type fiction - no Man Booker winners on my list!

I read 80 books this year - if anyone is interested in what else I read check out my profile on goodreads.

No comments: