Saturday, May 5, 2007

Theatre Review - I Think I Can

Today, the Dudes, my mom & I went to Lorraine Kimsa Theatre for Young People to see "I Think I Can" - a tap dance show about bullying. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was pretty entertaining. It certainly had me tapping my feet. The Dudes had mixed opinions - with one liking it better than the other. I think they both appreciated that the dancers were incredible and that it was an interesting way to tell a story.

I do wish that people would read the age recommendations for things like this. If it says 8 and up, please don't bring your 6 yr old, no matter how advanced you think they are. There were kids in theatre who clearly didn't understand what was going on so they kept talking to their parents.

I would definitely take my kids to another play at LKTYP. It was an inexpensive way to give us all a theatrical experience.

1 comment:

EMMJAY said...

Gerald's class went to see this play recently. He really enjoyed seeing it and I think he may have even learned a thing or two about bullying.